* Bill Toms will take his band, Hard Rain, to New York City to play the famed Greenwich Village venue Kenny's Castaways on Saturday, May 6. According to Bill, some of the fans are getting a busload and taking a day trip to "shop and rock." The bus will leave at 11p.m. Friday and travel all night (you can sleep).
The bus will pick everyone up around 1 a.m., after the show. The cost is $100 a person and includes the tickets to the Hard Rain show. For more information and to reserve a spot ($50 deposit), contact Maria Castellano at 412-341-7994 or email her at Maria.Castellano@faa.gov.
* The CD release show for Tom Breiding & American Son's "Time to Roll" is Saturday, April 29, at Cefalo's in Carnegie, with Bill Toms & Hard Rain opening. (Tom's also a guitarist in Hard Rain.) The CD release party is May 12 at Moondog's in Blawnox, with a performance by the legendary Norman Nardini following.
* Further Review, a Graffiti Rock Challenge finalist, will be featured in an Undecurrents Showcase event at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 20 at Moondog's. Also performing are Tony Lee and Jay Wiley. Cover is $5. At 7p.m. will be the regular monthly Undercurrents networking meeting. The topic is Recording 101.
* Boss Diablo will play at 9:30 p.m. Friday April, 21, 2006 at Blind Pig Saloon, Seventh Street and Route 56, New Kensington. (724-337-7008)
* The Dave Iglar Band will have a CD release party for "As The Fuse Burns" at 9:30 p.m. Friday, April 14, at Cefalo's in Carnegie.
* Blind Date will appear Saturday April 22, at the Red Fox Lodge in Hickory.
* No Bad Ju Ju is playing Saturday, April 15, at Winston's in Morgantown. The band also has announced plans for a European tour, July 31 through Aug. 14.
No Bad Ju Ju
Doing it write
Now's the Tyme
Year in photos 1